Kirsty and Fin, the wedding



























































































When we were heading to Kirsty and Fin's wedding in North Berwick we were expecting rain. I think everybody was expecting rain. And yet, it was perfect.

The rain clouds hovered over the sea until everyone moved indoors, allowing the guests to celebrate on the beach in the exact spot that Fin proposed to Kirsty with some writing in the sand. That spot happened to be pretty much on the doorstep of Kirsty's parent's house but with the handy addition of a golf club across the road in which to host the evening's celebrations.



It was a beautiful, personal day. Not just because of the location but because of the care that Kirsty and Fin and their families put into the day.

Kirsty made the beautiful hair flower and floral belts that she and her bridesmaids wore. Along with her mum she did all of the floral table arrangements, tables which were bursting with small details and design features that they had brought together beautifully. Kirsty's mum made the cake and Fin's father conducted the wedding ceremony. And apparently as the evening wore on and we were on our way back home to Glasgow Kirsty's brother treated everyone to an acoustic rendition of the 1990s hit 'No Limits' before all of the guests joined her dad and his friend in a mass-kazoo instrumental.

I can't believe we missed what may well be Scotland's first wedding mass-kazoo instrumental.



Reception: Glen Golf Club





16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie, Kirsty's Mum, here. I am speechless(for once!). These are the most beautiful photographs I have ever seen and I can't thank you enough for bringing to life our wonderful day. I will have to look at them again after I have found my hanky. Can't wait to see them all.

Sophie @ I Heart Flowers said...

Wonderful photographs my clever chickens! I especially love the details of the cards, envelopes and old wedding pictures. Oh and the one of the little person in the pink sunglasses! xxx

Kristy said...

I love these. This might be one of my favourite L&L weddings now. I love all the people milling about in the street and on the beach. And all the lovingly made details have made my insides extra mushy.

Absolutely gorgeous.

foreva said...

These are stunning - especially love the little girl holding up her dress to go in the water, but all the pictures are gorgeous. Beautiful wedding, bride & groom and setting. One of the best L&L, but then, they're all great!

copywaitress said...

These pictures are amazing! I adore it:)

Tarah said...

So so gorgeous!! I love wild beaches and stormy skies - your photos always make everything look like such a romantic version! :)

elle said...

I don't know what is wrong with me today, but this is the second time in one day that your pictures have made me cry.

These are just perfect.

jamie said...

DAMN you guys. <3

Wedding Photographers Puerto Rico said...

really love to see this images. Thanks for sharing the images of wedding.

Clouds said...

the dress and hair flower are gorgeous!

caught the light said...

I love, love, love, the stories you tell and how you tell them. The heel on the stair; the congratulatory hugs... beautiful stuff.

Becky said...

Love the image of all the shoes lined up on the beach!

Lake Tahoe Wedding Photographer said...

Beautiful wedding pictures!!!! I feel good to see these pictures especially the wedding dress of the girl.

Wedding Photographer Auckland said...

I am glad to see such a nice wedding collection. Thanks for sharing.

albertwilliam01 said...

Really eye-catching pictures.All the pictures are very elegant, the most beautiful I've ever seen. The little girl holding up her dress is so pretty. Thanx for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Portrait photographers Glasgow

Lauren said...

I just looked at this again. Just now. It really is so gorgeous. Kirsty is so lovely and you guys really are the best wedding photographers ever. I <3 you all.